- While Blizzard continues to snub Linux with their MMO WoW, we have a newer MMO available to us called Albion Online
- Albion Online is about to receive a major update this November and adds the following functionality:
- Change your guilds logo
- Mark a player or NPC as a target during battles
- See party combat roles
- New daily combat arena for Guilds and PVP battles
- Party finder is a huge addition that allows new players or players without a guild to find random strangers to go on quests with.
- New random dungeons (random in location and what’s inside)
- So if you want a decent MMO with native Linux support. Check out Albion Online.
To get it working in Arch:
– Download Albion from website
– Make app executable and open it to start install
– After install the game won’t launch until you put in this command:
1, Install this package: $ sudo pacman -S sndio
2,Create sym link: $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libsndio.so /usr/lib/libsndio.so.6.1